Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dress Up Your Gift Bag - Die Cut Challenge, Anything Christmas

Hi, This is Helen from Living My Given Life, to share a project with you that I created as my design team project for the Die Cut Challenge - Anything Christmas.

I have been making some handmade gifts, gift boxes and bags. Today I would like to share with you how I decorate a plain kraft gift bag.

Untitled

There are many ways you can decorate or dress up a plain paper gift bag. For my bag, I added a big paper doily (8"). You can find any sizes of paper doily at baking section at craft store or even Walmart. I glued the paper doily using Liquid Glass, this is an all-purpose liquid glue that dries fast and strong.

On top of the doily, I added a big paper rosette that I cut using my Silhouette machine. I cut 2 piece of 3" wide rosette cutting file from Lori Whitlock and glued them together to make a big rosette.


For the tag, I cut the tag shape from Lori Whitlock tag mini album with frame, added a ribbon bow, felt christmas tree. The sentiment I used one of the Paper Smooches holiday stamp set, stamped it on a piece watercolor paper after I sprayed little water to give a watercolor effect using dye ink. And finished it with a mini clothe pin.

I added the finished tag on the paper rosette using Liquid Glass.

You still have time to come and play along with us this week! Link up your projects here to share with us! I am looking forward to see them! Have a Merry Christmas!


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty....love the huge rosette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Helen.. Love that big rosette..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Helen and a very pretty bag to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super lovely and creative! What a gift this will make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous rosette,I might have to use this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..